OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Fishing The Deep

Show off your completed games here
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Fishing The Deep

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

DS Cover:
FishingTheDeepCover_Square_128x128.png
FishingTheDeepCover_Square_128x128.png (13.03 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
Screenshot:
DeepSeaFishing_ScreenShot_21-04-26_Gameplay.png
DeepSeaFishing_ScreenShot_21-04-26_Gameplay.png (22.75 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
Description:
Sit back, relax, and fish the deepest depths of the ocean with your DS's touch screen! Was created in 48 hours as part of the Ludum Dare 48 Compo Game Jam Event.

Creator:
DigitalDesignDude

Genre:
Arcade

File Size:
1.09 mb

Made with:
DSGM 5.12

can now be downloaded on the website...

I recently took part in the international online Ludum Dare 48 Compo Gam Jam and for my submission, I made this game with DSGM 5.12 in 48 hours. :)

Part of the event's submission requirements was also to make my source code available for other game devs to learn from, so if you would like, you can download the project's DSGM file from the link below. I was in a rush making it for the 48-hour deadline so it may be a bit messy but I'm sure others can still learn from it. Please keep in mind though, the art and music used in the game aren't meant to be used in your own projects as I made everything myself and still have the rights to it.

Hope you all enjoy the game!

Example Project File Download Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_XtZfd ... sp=sharing
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fishing the Deep

Post by Ruffsta »

funny how you can catch multiple fish on 1 hook.. was that intended?

i was wondering why it stopped showing fish after awhile, so i used the down arrow key.. there's lots of fish down there lol..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Re: Fishing the Deep

Yes, as an arcade game, the goal is too collect as many fish as possible every time you reel-in to score the most points at once. It can be very satisfying when you can catch 3 or more fish at once just from having the hook reel-in from a deeper level.

The game is heavily inspired by Donkey Kong Country's Fishing Game where you do the same thing, only in my game you can have the hook go deeper to collect way more fish at once.

Donkey Kong Country Fishing Gameplay:
https://youtu.be/9KSCsIswBxo

The fish randomly appears at different Y coordinates so that's probably why you got to the point where you couldn't see anymore fish without scrolling down. The game's control screen did mention you can descend so that you can catch fish at different depths levels. The depth you are currently at is also noted by the depth value text on the bottom screen. You can go as low as 14000 feet where you can deep-sea fish for extra points (they are worth more).

Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fishing The Deep

Post by Ruffsta »

now listed on the website..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Re: Fishing The Deep

@ Ruffsta, Thank you!