OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

lost all progress ;(

Discussions and support SPECIFICALLY for version 5.12 only
zippycat

lost all progress ;(

Post by zippycat »

hello! i was making a project, i did like a big chunk of it and then when it stated bugging out, i turned the vm off and i saved it, after i restarted vm, all my project files were gone :cry:

i had to recreate it from scratch

and only halfway the progress and built the .nds file i saved it and i wanted to test it out on real hardware but there was literally no way to drop stuff from vm to host machine. (even tho i enabled drag n drop feature in virtualbox) and i couldnt test the game on real hardware :cry: :cry: :cry:
a casual man
mostly has no original ideas, most of the i do games will be ports of pc games
learning c++, also learning to do night fox lib.
5.12 most likely will be used by me
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: lost all progress ;(

Post by Ruffsta »

Sorry that happened to you.. You may want to read this:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
zippycat

Post by zippycat »

oh okay, thank you for response.. so i might come back to the ds game maker now. but i need a way of how to drop finished built projects (the one that are already .nds files) from vm to host and vice versa. (as the virtualbox lets me copy text and images from host to vm and vice versa but the drag n drop feature doesnt work)

i need any way to drop files from vm to host, and from host to vm.
a casual man
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

* After installation, run it and go to the top menu - MACHINE, SETTINGS - a box will pop up, go to ADVANCED and set both fields to BIDIRECTIONAL - (this will allow you to transfer files to and from the VM and your real desktop or wherever you want).
you should have no issues at all just dragging and dropping or even copy and paste.. nobody else has any issues with this.
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
zippycat

Post by zippycat »

Ruffsta wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:07 pm
* After installation, run it and go to the top menu - MACHINE, SETTINGS - a box will pop up, go to ADVANCED and set both fields to BIDIRECTIONAL - (this will allow you to transfer files to and from the VM and your real desktop or wherever you want).
you should have no issues at all just dragging and dropping or even copy and paste.. nobody else has any issues with this.
weird, i had the issue. but ill reinstall the vm anyway. thank you still about the first problem

edit: well i installed it again and now it works fine.
a casual man
SWEET_TOOTH

Post by SWEET_TOOTH »

Try having a flash drive inserted just for the VM and use it to save projects and other stuff like sprites. I wonder if any windows settings save? If not, then you need to dix your Virtual machine settings