OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Introduce yourself

Welcome message
TheLegoShaper

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by TheLegoShaper »

DigitalDesignDude wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:00 pm @HitCoder aka John, Welcome to the forum :)

Good to see you have a good amount of coding experience, you should check out some of the coding documentation for DSGM here:

https://dsgamemaker.online/forum/viewt ... ?f=14&t=40

I think the coding syntax is different for DSGM 4.9 and 5.12 so be prepared for some trial and error in case you run into errors.
You can use C code, in combination with DSGM’s DBAS custom coding language but it may lead to DSGM being unable to compile for mistakes as small as additional spaces. You’re likely already used to that given your background in computer science.

Good luck and have fun with whatever you make :D
I agree with this I have understood. One does need quite considerable amount of expertise in order to feel the 'free' feeling when using c + dbsa, in other words good luck Hit.
Jdulay

Post by Jdulay »

Hello! I'm a commercial game developer and I just found DS Game Maker the other day. I'm using it just for some homebrew games. Thank you so much for creating and then managing it to people can continue using it via the virtual machine.
Nice to meet you all.
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Welcome to the community!
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
SWEET_TOOTH

Post by SWEET_TOOTH »

Just call me Sweet_Tooth. Iam a student and I am in cooperation with AUGEgames. I have 7years of experience with gamemaker studio and some of gamemaker 8. So I mainly choose to use this tool because of the user interface + compatibility. It is a lot harder at some points than Studio, but I have decent experience in C / C++

Creating games is both my job and my hobby.

I used to have DSGM 4.9 I think back in the day, it ran on windows 7 after a lot of effort, but I was too young to understand much then...

I hope to have some fun and keep old software alive, not just the DSgamemaker. Also I have a tip for you. Try out logomotion app for sprite both animated and not animated painting. It works instantly on the virtual machine ;)
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Also I have a tip for you. Try out logomotion app for sprite both animated and not animated painting. It works instantly on the virtual machine
maybe you should create a topic on that and go more into detail with it.. not everybody reads the "introduce yourself" section.. ;)
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Komfudo
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by Komfudo »

Hello everyone,
I'm Komfudo a.k.a. Zero21Z. I'm a just a normal person with high-functional autism.
I visit this Community because i used back then the lite version of DS Gamemaker and would use it again.
Thanks for the VM i have now more fun on it.
I hope i will enjoy the community and having good memorys with it.
(Have DS gamemaker the same language as GML?)
Going back to Windows xp :)
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

Welcome to the forum Komfudo :)

DS game maker uses languages C and DBAS which is a language made exclusively for ds game maker.

You can see some examples of the code in the Ds Game maker coding documentation available from the link below:

Ds Game Maker Coding Documentation Post
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Komfudo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:49 am (Have DS gamemaker the same language as GML?)
James said
In short, no, they're not related or compatible in any way
Also, please use the proper forum topics to ask questions and/or discuss DSGM...
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Buck7
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by Buck7 »

Hey Ruffsta long time no see! This is Buck_7 from the old DSGM forums idk if you remember me but it's good to see some familiar faces.

DSGM was pretty much my first real coding experience; I started with 4.9 and eventually switched over to 5.12 as my main.
However now I use the DSGM lib coded by cturt (YoshiInaVoid) and James which is an improvement over the old and outdated and buggy PaLib.
I dabbled in IOS development, HTML, and a bit of javascript but haven't really been active in the coding community since DSGM died.

Oh yeah I will also add that I created a small discord for DSGM after it no longer existed and we also made a forum website but it never really got anywhere far as this one did.

Looking forward to dipping my feet back into ds development ;p
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Welcome back! Personally i vaguely remember the name but it has been a long long time dude. Sorry. I can look back at the old forum DB tho..

i do remember the name "Buck" tho off hand.
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user