OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Introduce yourself

Welcome message
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Introduce yourself

Post by Ruffsta »

Welcome, please feel free to introduce yourself here... Some things you could include to get to know you a little better:

Name,Occupation,Location, etc..

are you a former user of DSGM? if so, which version did you use?

Just little things.. it's like meeting new friends and coming across some old ones..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
Clearsquares
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Clearsquares »

This is Clearsquares and it is good to be around here. I am studying
very hard to build any software I need. I also play musical instruments
such as the guitar. I like to take care of my plants and have my place clean.
I like to cook as it is a very cognitive activity, and go shopping almost everyday.
There is pande right now so I am not going out for the most part.
I love games, I do. bunch! Now take this rather honest: If you want to
make games around in my team, the less I will accept is an actual certificate
of a course that you paid for. Now I'd like to accept anybody but I that is
just not the best idea.

Paid courses

if I am not wrong, you should learn the C programming language,
getmimo.com provides a C course but you have to pay for the service which is around 15 bucks, also you must use as the only way, getmimo through its app from the Google Play Store in a Android tablet.

programminghub.io also provides C course but you must pay.

Free courses

https://www.sololearn.com/ does offer a C course for free and it is good. This is web browser compatible, no Android table required.

https://quizizz.com/ is also very good and it is free. search for 'C quizzes'.

https://www.learn-c.org/ is also free and much interactive.
Trying to reach Trifecta in HTML CSS JavaScript
HTML - certified x3
CSS - certified x3
JavaScript - certified x2

I own Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi 3 A+, Raspberry Pi 4.
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

Hi I'm DigitalDesignDude, a multimedia developer & designer and old user of Ds Game Maker (Former username: Tony).

It brings a smile to my face to see this forum and the DS Game Maker Fan site come to a reality.

Ds Game Maker was my first game creation software. I started using it when I was 12 or so and it jumpstarted my love for game development.

There was no console game development software like it! (Aside from Wii Game Maker and possibly PSP game maker). It was for beginners and allowed you to play your own homebrew games on a game console without an official devkit or developer license.

As a kid this was mind blowing, and it led me to learning how to code and put my art and music to good use.

Fast forward many years later, I graduated from an Interactive Multimedia Development college program and still make homebrew games and prototypes when I'm not doing my day job.

Hope to see what others create and keep connected on everything DS game maker!
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

I would like to start contributing to the forum by adding some resources, but it seems the create “New Topic” button is missing for the Resource section. At least for me it is.

@Ruffsta Would you also consider adding a “Work in Progress” and “General” section?

So that users can share their project progress and have general DS game maker discussions?

I feel I missed out on a lot of DSGM discussion and project sharing in the past since I was hardly ever logged in on the forum.

The Work in Progress section would allow for sharing projects even if they are not complete games, which as we know can take a long time, and it's something I liked about the old forum.

Below are some old Work in Progress examples of mine that I would like to share.

I'm even considering going back and using their code for a short but complete ds game with all new and original art work and music.

Would love to do that so long as there are people to share it with when it's done. Do you think there could be any interest for it?

Top Down Shooter Prototype
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1spE50U ... sp=sharing

Top Down Car Controls Prototype
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RExnhR ... sp=sharing

Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Welcome back Tony!
DigitalDesignDude wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:59 am I would like to start contributing to the forum by adding some resources, but it seems the create “New Topic” button is missing for the Resource section. At least for me it is. - You should have it available now.. thanks for pointing that out :)

@Ruffsta Would you also consider adding a “Work in Progress” and “General” section?

So that users can share their project progress and have general DS game maker discussions?

I feel I missed out on a lot of DSGM discussion and project sharing in the past since I was hardly ever logged in on the forum.

The Work in Progress section would allow for sharing projects even if they are not complete games, which as we know can take a long time, and it's something I liked about the old forum.

work in progress has been added :)

Below are some old Work in Progress examples of mine that I would like to share.

I'm even considering going back and using their code for a short but complete ds game with all new and original art work and music.

Would love to do that so long as there are people to share it with when it's done. Do you think there could be any interest for it?
feel free to do that if you so wish to do so, we would love to see new games being made.. keep in mind the the forum is new and not many members yet.. but don't let that stop you.. we need coders to help with projects that other members may need help with. i know i have a few projects i need help with lol.

Top Down Shooter Prototype
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1spE50U ... sp=sharing

Top Down Car Controls Prototype
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RExnhR ... sp=sharing

interesting
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
MarTCM
Registered member
Registered member

Post by MarTCM »

Hi im a new user of dsgm
Im a high school student (15 years old)
For the moment, ill be working on weird project idea!
I want to make a learning app for my little brother which features lessons and exercises XD
Anyways nice to meet you!
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Welcome to our little community..
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
HitCoder

Post by HitCoder »

Hello! I'm HitCoder, (feel free to just call me "John" :D ) I'm a new user of DSGM though have been aware of the software for possibly around 7 years.

I'm 20 and from the United Kingdom and am studying Computer Science at university as of current; this is my final year.

I produce music using vocal synths, sometimes make games, review headphones, and have a multitude of other random little hobbies (such as tea and coffee tasting, and also furries (sadly) haha) and tend to be a jack-of-all-trades.

I've been active in the Enigma-dev (open source game maker alternative) community for about 5 years and after recently becoming interested in DS homebrew again (have had a hacked DSi for a year now, using Unlaunch + HiyaCFW + TwilightMenu++ from the dsi cfw guide), have seen the new VM for DSGM emerge and cause DSGM itself to resurface.

I'd like to get into developing homebrew for my DSi and I really like DSGM as the whole Game Maker approach makes development much faster and more relaxing for small hobby projects than having to use C++ libraries.

It's nice to meet you all, and once I become more experienced with this software I hope to be able to help other new users in this community!
Hobbyist game developer & final year CompSci student in the UK
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Welcome to our little community..
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

@HitCoder aka John, Welcome to the forum :)

Good to see you have a good amount of coding experience, you should check out some of the coding documentation for DSGM here:

https://dsgamemaker.online/forum/viewt ... ?f=14&t=40

I think the coding syntax is different for DSGM 4.9 and 5.12 so be prepared for some trial and error in case you run into errors.
You can use C code, in combination with DSGM’s DBAS custom coding language but it may lead to DSGM being unable to compile for mistakes as small as additional spaces. You’re likely already used to that given your background in computer science.

Good luck and have fun with whatever you make :D