OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Error when trying to test a game

Discussions and support SPECIFICALLY for version 5.12 only
dsgamer230
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Error when trying to test a game

Post by dsgamer230 »

I was trying to make my own game and wanted to test the game, but for some reason when I try to test the game it says "Your game was not successfully compiled and could therefore not be run. Look for logic errors in your game and try again." I also tried this on another computer and the same message popped up. Any ways on how to fix this?
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error when trying to test a game

Post by Ruffsta »

1.) what are the exact error messages that it is giving.. Usually it's because of images, wrong size, too many colors.. something with a line of your code.. i mean there are many factors.. so we would need to know the exact error message

2.) which version are you using... 4.9 OR 5.12?
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
dsgamer230
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by dsgamer230 »

Ruffsta wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:03 am 1.) what are the exact error messages that it is giving.. Usually it's because of images, wrong size, too many colors.. something with a line of your code.. i mean there are many factors.. so we would need to know the exact error message

2.) which version are you using... 4.9 OR 5.12?
1. That is the only error message I am receiving. I am able to add images, sounds, rooms, etc. with no kind of error. I also tried testing the example games that DS Game Maker provides.

2. I am using version 5.12. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I have tried testing one of the example files.
Screenshot 2021-05-20 093316.jpg
Screenshot 2021-05-20 093316.jpg (56.7 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

i'm not a 5.12 user.. maybe DDD or James can help.. i've gotten that before for various reasons.. it was either a saving issue, graphics or something in my code..

ie: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86

but maybe that's not your case..

1.) try to start over from scratch - (which i have done several times)

OR

2.) post yer code so that DDD can maybe find the cause
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user