OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

I need help.

Discussions and support SPECIFICALLY for version 5.12 only
zippycat

I need help.

Post by zippycat »

How can i make so sprite's colour changes without wasting space by creating multiple sprites for object?
(for example i want to make blue logo into green or even make it go and be rainbow :) )
edit: by rainbow i mean it slowly changing its colour by little.

also i need something more than that. how do i change icon that appears before you boot up the game? (for example you put in cartridge in your ds and it shows an icon next to the name of the project)
a casual man
mostly has no original ideas, most of the i do games will be ports of pc games
learning c++, also learning to do night fox lib.
5.12 most likely will be used by me
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I need help.

Post by Ruffsta »

sprite sheets...

example:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18

you just change the sprite frame of the sheet.. so you would set say sprite 1 frame 0 to sprite 1 frame 2 and so on...
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
zippycat

Post by zippycat »

Ruffsta wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:18 am sprite sheets...

example:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18

you just change the sprite frame of the sheet.. so you would set say sprite 1 frame 0 to sprite 1 frame 2 and so on...
no i meant like can i do so it like could change the colour without using sprites?
like with code.

edit: ehh... fine ill use the spritesheet method
a casual man
mostly has no original ideas, most of the i do games will be ports of pc games
learning c++, also learning to do night fox lib.
5.12 most likely will be used by me
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

no i meant like can i do so it like could change the colour without using sprites?
like with code.
basically, in short.. to my knowledge - no, you cannot change a sprites color by code.. After all, it's an image you are displaying... you would have to make multiple sprites or a sprite sheet.

which reverts us back to the example link i provided...

think of it as an animated GIF.. you have to have the separate images/frames to do what you want it to do and display. that could be multiple sprites or a sprite sheet.. the choice is yours.. obviously i would do a sprite sheet and just change each frame in order so many seconds apart instead of having all these sprites. but that's just me.
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
SWEET_TOOTH

Post by SWEET_TOOTH »

For this you would need to use shaders. I don't know what is the support of that on GMDS but you could try to see some "pallete swap" codes in C language. It could be implemented.