OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Any simple example for a platformer in DSGM 5.12?

Discussions and support SPECIFICALLY for version 5.12 only
JoelB2011
Registered member
Registered member

Any simple example for a platformer in DSGM 5.12?

Post by JoelB2011 »

Hi I would love to be able to make a simple platformer, I am just using DSGM 5.12, I tried to make one using my logic but failed to do so. Are there any platforms example files for DSGM 5.12? I would thank you a lot.
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any simple example for a platformer in DSGM 5.12?

Post by Ruffsta »

I have passed the question onto James.. But maybe in the meantime if DDD logs in he might be able to answer your question..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
JoelB2011
Registered member
Registered member

Post by JoelB2011 »

Ruffsta wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:53 am I have passed the question onto James.. But maybe in the meantime if DDD logs in he might be able to answer your question..
Ok, thank you so much.
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

James has just informed me that he doesn't have any examples.. So, i'm hoping DDD will log in and try to help you.. I have reached out to him as well..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
imadedsgamemaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by imadedsgamemaker »

Hi - just confirming the above and saying it's true; I don't have any examples. However in the meantime it's worthwhile looking at some of the "moving parts" of a platformer - gravity for e.g., and you'll need to know a bit about "floating point maths". I think this is a good intro: https://hackaday.com/2017/10/02/underst ... t-numbers/

That is because the DS cannot divide numbers very quickly and you need to track gravity at more precision than 1 or 0, so the movement/"bouncing" is smooth

Can you show us what you have so far; what you tried and what didn't work?

We will find a way to get the old forum up and running this year, if it's the last thing we do.