OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

is there way to get dsgm 4.9 pro standalone?

Discussions and support SPECIFICALLY for version 4.9 only
zippycat

is there way to get dsgm 4.9 pro standalone?

Post by zippycat »

hello, i have found a windows 7 old pc laying around and it has small storage and its weak, so i thought could i install dsgm 4.9 on it stand alone and would it work? i mean i cannot install vm on it but i would like to install dsgm 4.9 on the same pc this topic was mentioning

kk thanks.
a casual man
mostly has no original ideas, most of the i do games will be ports of pc games
learning c++, also learning to do night fox lib.
5.12 most likely will be used by me
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: is there way to get dsgm 4.9 pro standalone?

Post by Ruffsta »

In short, no.. the reason is because the standalone versions connected to the online server they were hosted on. So, the only way to bring back the 2 versions was to run them through VIRTUALBOX - which dummies the connection. Standalones only give you limit 3 rooms, a default splash screen.. there is no way to decipher what is registered and what isn't because the standalones cannot connect to a server that no longer exists.. The VM mainframe - (VIRTUALBOX), solves that problem.. No limitations, fully free.. The only reason either version is available for free and still exists is because of me and going through James the creator...

this was previously answered in a past post: viewtopic.php?p=347#p347
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
zippycat

Post by zippycat »

oh okay then... guess ill continue using dsgm 5.2 (or whatever version it was) that i found someone making a tutorial on to run standalone

thanks for answer either way
a casual man
mostly has no original ideas, most of the i do games will be ports of pc games
learning c++, also learning to do night fox lib.
5.12 most likely will be used by me
BowersIndustry

Post by BowersIndustry »

Ruffsta wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:39 pm In short, no.. the reason is because the standalone versions connected to the online server they were hosted on. So, the only way to bring back the 2 versions was to run them through VIRTUALBOX - which dummies the connection. Standalones only give you limit 3 rooms, a default splash screen.. there is no way to decipher what is registered and what isn't because the standalones cannot connect to a server that no longer exists.. The VM mainframe - (VIRTUALBOX), solves that problem.. No limitations, fully free.. The only reason either version is available for free and still exists is because of me and going through James the creator...

this was previously answered in a past post: viewtopic.php?p=347#p347
Isn't that what the cracks were for? If so, couldn't you just put the crack on there?
Bringing back the DS Game Maker community.

Creator of: DeS
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

As mentioned, no.. James is the creator of it all and if he cannot do it as he has already said it himself.. then there is no way i can. Sorry
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user