OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

DS Game Maker referenced in Sticky's investment thesis

Welcome message
imadedsgamemaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

DS Game Maker referenced in Sticky's investment thesis

Post by imadedsgamemaker »

Hello everyone; James here.

Although I am struggling for time and energy on anything other than Sticky, I made a very honorable mention of DS Game Maker in our investment thesis here. - ERRROR 404

Here's the bit that matters:
I was only 12 when I built DS Game Maker and sold the first copy. DS Game Maker - or DSGM - allowed thousands of people to make their own Nintendo DS games without learning to code. The barrier to entry on games consoles and embedded systems was - is - especially high, which meant that by age 16 I'd sold 1,500 licenses around the world, and 300 kits that allowed people to play the games on their own DS.
These numbers are impressive for a kid and unimpressive for a grown up, but it doesn't matter. DS Game Maker didn't have a strategy because I was too young to understand what that meant.

In the same way that DSGM meant that teenagers didn't have to learn C or assembler, Sticky means that people don't have to learn JavaScript or advanced UX patterns. And in the same way that DSGM games often looked indistinguishable from commercial games, yet had their own individualism and feel, Sticky experiences are often best-in-class, yet offer the flexibility and 'jump into code' ability the enterprise requires.
DSGM helped me understand one thing better than anyone else: the power of helping people make things, or empowering them to do more. This idea is something that has stayed with me for the last 14 years, and is what fundamentally inspired Sticky's mission - to democratize creating amazing consumer experiences.
What do you think?

Edited By: Ruffsta
Date: 6-8-21
Reason: 404 page error with second link James gave
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Re: DS Game Maker referenced in Sticky's investment thesis

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

It's pretty inspirational James. :)

The part that really spoke to me was: "DSGM helped me understand one thing better than anyone else: the power of helping people make things, or empowering them to do more."

I believe a lot of us in the Coding/Software Development profession do exactly that. We build solutions to empower or aid others/clients to accomplish what they want to.

It's very relevant to DS game maker, considering quite a few of us wouldn't have been able to develop for DS otherwise. Thank you for making that a reality for us.
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055