OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Best DS Emulators

Resources for your games
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Best DS Emulators

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

If you're tired of squinting at a tiny DS emulator window while developing your games I highly recommend using the No$zoomer utility for the No$GBA emulator.

It basically upscales your games and allows you to put the DS's screens side by side and more!

You can download it from gbatemp below and set it as your default emulator for DSGM:

https://gbatemp.net/download/no-zoomer. ... ld%20ones.

Feel free to share other DS emulators or emulator utilities you like. :)
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Re: Best DS Emulators

I was trying out the No$Zoomer Utility on a high end Macbook and the VM ran very sluggishly.

The response time was around 10-20 seconds but this latency isn't found at all on my Windows 10 running the Virtual Machine.

Fortunalety for Mac users, the DESmuMe emulator runs fine in the VM and is a reasonable alternative to the No$Zoomer.

Just use the 32 bit version of DESmuMe 0.9.9 as the later ones don't seem to be compatible with windows xp. At least not without errors.

Download link below:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/desmum ... p/download

Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

i personally just stick to the No$gba emulator..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

No issues with that. For me I like having the ability to have the DS screens upscale to fullscreen view. So that I can see better. Also makes recording gameplay HD.

DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

I've tested some android emulators with DSGM games and I highly recommend the Drastic Emulator.

Most free emulators like "nds4droid", "SuperNDS" and"Free DS Emulator" crashed immediately or just had black screens when booting DSGM .nds files

"Drastic DS Emulator" was the only one that ran my projects on my android phone and Ouya android TV console. Even the audio was working!

Drastic is also compatible with Raspberri Pi as Ruffsta also mentioned in the "SO COOL!" Announcement.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25

TheLegoShaper

Post by TheLegoShaper »

I guess, I used 'iDeals' back in the day when nds roms were still coming out. I have used no$gba and drastic but they are all the same. specially with an emulator that sucks.
SWEET_TOOTH

Post by SWEET_TOOTH »

Can anyone advice me with ram monitoring? How do I know how much ram my game uses?