OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Email Notifications Working for Anyone?

Forum, Website and VM Installation Support only
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Email Notifications Working for Anyone?

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

Just wondering if anyone is getting email notifications to topics they reply to.

So far I haven’t received any regardless of having the following settings in my board preferences:

dsgamemakerfan.unaux.comucp.phpi=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options.png
dsgamemakerfan.unaux.comucp.phpi=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options.png (187.5 KiB) Viewed 2573 times
dsgamemakerfan.unaux.comucp.phpi=179.png
dsgamemakerfan.unaux.comucp.phpi=179.png (116.04 KiB) Viewed 2573 times

If I can have notifications enabled somehow, I can give more speedy replies to people rather than checking in on weekends.

I can also confirm I have the correct email spelling for my account.
Last edited by DigitalDesignDude on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Email Notifications Working for Anyone?

Post by Ruffsta »

no notifications of any kind (acct activations, posts, etc..), will ever be sent out from the forum through this FREE host- James or i have to send them out via a separate email like i do when i activate accounts.

James has yet to resolve a new host for this forum.. this is the forum i chose because i like these and i will not change the style.. sorry - up to james to secure the forum and the forum be able to send notifications. believe me it would save me a lot of aggravation...
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

I see, I figured that might have been the case.

Off the top of my head some free or very close to being free web hosting options are: Google Cloud and Amazon AWS.

Don't know if the forum is already on one of those, but it may be worth considering if James is upgrading someday.

I like this type of forum as well and I hope whatever hosting we have or may upgrade to can achive/backup this forum.

It's unfortunate the old forum and all its content is not recoverable, if I'm not mistaken.

So I hope we're doing our best to perseve this forum should anything happen :)
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

i back up the database now and then, so there shouldn't be a major issue in loss of info.. as far as the old forum goes - i do have some access to it's DB.. but nothing i can organize by any means - it's all broken up texts that have no start or end.. James would have to set up a temp site with it so i can grab the info i need and want. but that will never happen.. sorry.

as far as the website and forum goes, i make all the decisions and James is aware that i want this forum secured and on a better host that will allow the notifications.. we'll get there eventually.. for now this is what we have..

all this exists because i want it to and convinced James in allowing me to do it - which he is fine with. he is very busy and doesn't have much time to deal with either/or.. so if i need or want something i will ask him.
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user