OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

BioDie - RELEASED

Specifically 5.12 works in progress
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

BioDie - RELEASED

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

BiodieDs_Screenshot_20-10-10_TitleScreen.png
BiodieDs_Screenshot_20-10-10_TitleScreen.png (108.23 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
Disclaimer: This game is intended for older audiences due to having pixelated depictions of blood. Viewer discretion is advised.

Happy Halloween month everyone!

I’m presenting a horror themed project I’m finishing after starting its initial prototyping in 2015.

It’s a top-down survival horror shooter that takes place in the future during a biomechanical viral outbreak. Technology has advanced to the point of using nanobots in medical treatments but goes horribly wrong when rode bots begin to fuse with our organic cells, and become a virus.

Your mission is to prevent the spread of it by cleansing the city of biomechanical fiends and saving others in the process.

The game takes inspiration from the Resident Evil and Terminator series and as a result, it has been fittingly named BioDie.

BiodieDs_Screenshot_20-10-10_Gameplay_1.png
BiodieDs_Screenshot_20-10-10_Gameplay_1.png (23.29 KiB) Viewed 1769 times

About the Current Game Build

I hope there isn’t any issues with posting a game intended for older audiences in this forum. There isn’t any mature content besides pixelated blood and gun combat present in the demo below. As well, this is the game I’m planning on submitting for the Halloween contest when it’s completed.

Currently, you can explore a single level and test out different weapons for combating against enemies.

Nothing you experience is final as there’s still much more art + music to tweak and create, levels and objectives to add, and bugs to fix, but it’s playable.

Feel free to share any critique if you have any or mention any bugs you come across regardless of this being in early development.

BioDie Alpha 1.0.0 Demo
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ineH0V ... sp=sharing
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BioDie

Post by Ruffsta »

I hope there isn’t any issues with posting a game intended for older audiences in this forum. There isn’t any mature content besides pixelated blood and gun combat
That's totally fine.. You are doing the right thing by giving a warning that it is for an older crowd - (even tho we all know that doesn't stop kids from playing it :lol: ), and it does not contain adult content which would be a problem if it did.

So, there is no issues :)

the game seems cool so far..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

BioDieDs_Gameplay_20-10-31_NewUniform.png
BioDieDs_Gameplay_20-10-31_NewUniform.png (27.61 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

Happy Halloween all!

I’m excited to announce BioDie has been completed in time for this holiday and will be posted in the completed game section later today.

I also plan on making a video playthrough of the game so that those who struggle with its difficulty level can still experience the story. :)

Off the top of my head, below is a list of all the major updates made to the game.

BioDie ver. 1.0.0 (non-alpha) updates:
  • NEW tutorial and opening story level
  • Story and cutscenes implemented
  • UI redesign
  • Gun shop level and upgradeable weapons
  • Pause game feature
  • Added death and react animations to enemies
  • Defeated enemies drop items like money and ammo
  • More sound effects & music tracks
  • Lots more pixel art and art enhancements.

There were some ideas that were cut in order to get the game finished in time, like being able to drive cars and save NPCs. But on the positive side, these cuts allowed me to have more enemies on screen at once.

Overall, I’m very pleased with what’s been accomplished and I hope you guys like it too. It feels awesome to finish what was initially prototyped in 2015 and I even included the DSGM community as a special thanks in the credits.

BioDieDs_Gameplay_20-10-31_ThanksDsgm.png
BioDieDs_Gameplay_20-10-31_ThanksDsgm.png (92.34 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

Mainly because this wouldn’t have been possible had I not received the initial help I did when I was first learning DSGM and how to code all those years ago. Many thanks, everyone!!

BioDieDs_Gameplay_20-10-31_GunsmithAdvice.png
BioDieDs_Gameplay_20-10-31_GunsmithAdvice.png (64.56 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

very nice!
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Re: BioDie - RELEASED

Following up on my last post, here is a video playthrough of the game for those that just want to watch it from beginning to end!

BioDie Video Playthrough
https://youtu.be/pGTeN9Bu19g