OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

Nintendo DS Game Maker v5.12 Tutorial series

Discussions and support SPECIFICALLY for version 5.12 only
Rarz
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Nintendo DS Game Maker v5.12 Tutorial series

Post by Rarz »

Hello everyone,

I have downloaded the DS Game Maker after recently purchasing an original first gen DS, and have been playing around with it and started work on a project. I have used the manual instructions to get me started as well as analyzing the example files. I want to make a YouTube short video tutorial series which contains bite sized clips that instructs and aids users in making certain actions or concepts (e.g. make a "Touch to Start" screen).

I will upload the links to this thread as I get around to learning more of the Game Maker and as I record and upload the videos.

Playlist Link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... as5nJe1Zpo

Video List:
Tap To Start Screen: https://youtu.be/dHIOLBCViCA
Fixing Color Palette Issue: https://youtu.be/iGOefvkqBlM
Last edited by Rarz on Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nintendo DS Game Maker v5.12 Tutorial series

Post by Ruffsta »

i am glad to see this happening.. i am strictly a 4.9 user, however - these kinds of videos need to be made.. so, i support this! thank you for taking the time to do these.
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
TheLegoShaper

Post by TheLegoShaper »

Rarz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:12 pm I have used the manual instructions to get me started as well as analyzing the example files.
analyzing the files is such a great way to focus in your project. Also, what a video!!!! Thanks!
Rarz
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by Rarz »

Ruffsta wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:39 pm i am glad to see this happening.. i am strictly a 4.9 user, however - these kinds of videos need to be made.. so, i support this! thank you for taking the time to do these.
I am planning to learn and make tutorials for both 4.9 and 5.12. 4.9 seemed much more natural to me than 5.12. I found 5.12 to have the programming part much more simple, whereas 4.9 had the overall layout and visualisation more simple.
Rarz
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by Rarz »

TheLegoShaper wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:01 pm
Rarz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:12 pm I have used the manual instructions to get me started as well as analyzing the example files.
analyzing the files is such a great way to focus in your project. Also, what a video!!!! Thanks!
I love the fact that DS Game Maker allows you to look at the files well and you can learn so much from it. Thank you for the kind words!! :D
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

i made this topic a sticky as i find this to be very helpful.. i'll also be downloading the vids and host them on the website at some point..

doing these tutorials will definitely get you noticed as a contributor.. :) Keep up the good work!

these are what people need.. i know yer doing simple ones atm... but that is totally fine.. if you have time, i'd like to see some 4.9 tutorials.. and if yer looking for inspiration.. i have a few topics in 4.9 topic - if not that's ok too.. i just appreciate you doing these tutorials.
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user