OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

VM VirtualBox Import Problem

Forum, Website and VM Installation Support only
SWEET_TOOTH

Re: VM VirtualBox Import Problem

Post by SWEET_TOOTH »

somebody should make a HASH digits to check before using it would funcion a lot, also why not just make a torrent file? It works pretty good, you can pause downloads, recheck the integrity of files and etc... I mean torrenting could be a thing as long as James agrees ;) I could seed a lot
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

i have forwarded your post to James and i will let him reply to it...

seriously tho, at this point there shouldn't be any reason why one cannot get the vm and the download files to work by now..

but again, i will let james answer..
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
imadedsgamemaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by imadedsgamemaker »

Anybody can make a torrent; it doesn't have to be me. You can take this as written permission you can make a torrent of the download. Sidenote: your torrent would be a distribution of Windows XP, just like the download is. Does anybody care about Windows XP licensing any more? I doubt it, but I thought I should tell you. It's your call.

Purely from a user experience perspective, torrents are good for the more 'technically experienced', but probably introduce another barrier to entry for beginners. So I would never make a torrent the primary way you want people to get something. The 'seeder/leacher' language is off-putting for beginners for sure - our instructions are already good and I'd challenge the idea you want to make them more complex for the edge case of someone having an unstable connection. Today, there are very few people with an unstable connection, and all-in it's a small, one time download compared to the size of today's torrents (e.g. 4K films at 30gb+).
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Personally, I wouldn't do it..

I may be the one in charge of the forum and website.. but James is the one hosting the file that contains the distribution of windows XP in his file that he created.. So, James is the one already taking on that risk as he mentioned of distribution.. I just merely run the forum and update the website.. I don't get involved as to how it's all done and handled.. So, if you want to run a torrent file, that's on you and not us. So, don't blame us if you get into trouble doing so!

I will NOT host the torrent link on the website.
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
BowersIndustry

Post by BowersIndustry »

Nishijima03 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:41 pm Good morning,
I tried to install the virtual machine on 3 different PCs, and they all reported the following error when trying to import the .ova file:

Virtual application import: C: \ Users \ Nishi \ Documents \ WINXP \ windowsxp.ova failed.

Exit code: E_INVALIDARG
(0x80070057)

I searched deeper into the VM logs, and found the following string:

"createImport VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted 'C: \ Users \ Nishi \ windowsxp-disk001.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED)}, preserve = false aResultDetail = -22001"

I tried to download the ova image 3 times on 3 different PCs to make sure there were no problems on the PC I was using.

Specifications of the pcs I used for the tests:

-Desktop computer with AMD cpu and Windows 10 installed.
-Portable computer with Intel cpu and Windows 10 installed.
-Portable computer with Intel cpu and Windows 7 installed.

I made sure that virtualization was enabled on all PCs, but I don't think the error lies with that.

Anyone can help me with that?
Thanks in advance
I got this error as well. But I can't remember exactly what was wrong, but I messed with the "Windows Features" on the OS and I got it to work.
There is one called "Virtual Machine Platform" maybe try and enable that one.
Bringing back the DS Game Maker community.

Creator of: DeS