OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

VM VirtualBox Import Problem

Forum, Website and VM Installation Support only
Nishijima03
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

VM VirtualBox Import Problem

Post by Nishijima03 »

Good morning,
I tried to install the virtual machine on 3 different PCs, and they all reported the following error when trying to import the .ova file:

Virtual application import: C: \ Users \ Nishi \ Documents \ WINXP \ windowsxp.ova failed.

Exit code: E_INVALIDARG
(0x80070057)

I searched deeper into the VM logs, and found the following string:

"createImport VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted 'C: \ Users \ Nishi \ windowsxp-disk001.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED)}, preserve = false aResultDetail = -22001"

I tried to download the ova image 3 times on 3 different PCs to make sure there were no problems on the PC I was using.

Specifications of the pcs I used for the tests:

-Desktop computer with AMD cpu and Windows 10 installed.
-Portable computer with Intel cpu and Windows 10 installed.
-Portable computer with Intel cpu and Windows 7 installed.

I made sure that virtualization was enabled on all PCs, but I don't think the error lies with that.

Anyone can help me with that?
Thanks in advance
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VM VirtualBox Import Problem

Post by Ruffsta »

I will contact james to have a look at this topic...

personally i am using windows 10 and using virtualbox VirtualBox-6.1.8-137981-Win - is this the version you are using, cause there shouldn't be any issues.. James had mentioned that there may or may not be an issue using a newer version than this.. and not to upgrade from this version.

anyways, let me contact James now - hopefully he will reply to you soon..

here is the download for the above version.. uninstall any other previous versions... install this one and do NOT upgrade from it.. Let me know if this helps:

https://dsgamemaker.jada.io/installs/V ... 1-Win.exe
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
imadedsgamemaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by imadedsgamemaker »

Hi there - looks like the download didn't complete. Make sure you're on a stable connection, maybe even let it download overnight when you're not using the computer.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Suppo ... d-p/101847
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Thanks James for replying so quickly.. i also uploaded the version i am using as well to the website - just incase we ever need it
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Nishijima03
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by Nishijima03 »

Hi, thanks for helping me ^^
Unfortunately it didn't work anyway,
I tried to re-download the .ova image and import it to VM VirtualBox v.6.1.8, but the error still exists.
The version I had before was also old too,
like 6.1.2 or something like that, I also tried to extract the .vmdk disk from the image to try to recreate a virtual machine from that,
but it failed due to an error similar to the previous import.

Anyway, I found a "stand-alone" version of DSGM 5.12 that works quite well for windows 10, the idea of ​​the virtual machine is really interesting, but unfortunately I don't understand why it doesn't work on my pc : \

P.S Thanks James for all the work you have done over so many years

One more thing...
I apologize for my bad English xD
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

both 5.12 and 4.9 standalones are totally obsolete - we don't even support them anymore for that matter.. the apps cannot and will not connect to the server they were made to connect to - which registrations keys were used for to remove the room limits.. with those stand alone versions you are limited to only 3 rooms and will have the dsgm logo on yer apps.. the virtual machine stops the need for registration keys.. as noted in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KoazU-RKfo

and i agree with James.. the issue is you do not have the complete download of the .ova file.. you may think you do and try to import it and well, it's not going to work until you do have the complete file.

only solution i can think of because the file is big - that i also agree with.. is that i take out my old file splitter and split the file into little pieces and then you download smaller faster downloads.. and you'll have click the piecer exe file to make it 1 file again.. hey, i'm trying my best to help but that is one solution to getting the whole file... let me know if you want me to do that.. i can do that tomorrow if you choose to
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

because of this, i am revamping the website virtualbox info/links on the website...
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
TheLegoShaper

Post by TheLegoShaper »

imadedsgamemaker wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:33 pm Hi there - looks like the download didn't complete. Make sure you're on a stable connection, maybe even let it download overnight when you're not using the computer.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Suppo ... d-p/101847
so true, this happened to be 2 times in a row. very normal.
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

happened to me a lot more than that lol.. but the again 2 of my 3 kids are gamers and so i had slow connections
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Nishijima03
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by Nishijima03 »

Ruffsta wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:51 pm both 5.12 and 4.9 standalones are totally obsolete - we don't even support them anymore for that matter.. the apps cannot and will not connect to the server they were made to connect to - which registrations keys were used for to remove the room limits.. with those stand alone versions you are limited to only 3 rooms and will have the dsgm logo on yer apps.. the virtual machine stops the need for registration keys.. as noted in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KoazU-RKfo

and i agree with James.. the issue is you do not have the complete download of the .ova file.. you may think you do and try to import it and well, it's not going to work until you do have the complete file.

only solution i can think of because the file is big - that i also agree with.. is that i take out my old file splitter and split the file into little pieces and then you download smaller faster downloads.. and you'll have click the piecer exe file to make it 1 file again.. hey, i'm trying my best to help but that is one solution to getting the whole file... let me know if you want me to do that.. i can do that tomorrow if you choose to
Thanks again for the help, I would like to try this to see if it works with splitted files.
Although it is very strange that downloading the image 6 times, it gets corrupted.
But still it might work as you proposed ^^
Please tell me where I could download the splitted image, and I'll try to see if it works on VM Virtual Machine.
Have a nice day!