OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

VM VirtualBox Import Problem

Forum, Website and VM Installation Support only
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VM VirtualBox Import Problem

Post by Ruffsta »

i just got home 3hrs ago and have been doing some chores around the house that needed to get done because i have been putting them off.. i'm gonna take 2 or 3 hour nap and then i'll get on this for you... please be patient.. we WILL get this working for you one way or the other.. don't be discouraged - this issue has happened to some of us.. so you are not alone.. just give me some time to relax after work and chores please.
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

ok, i have split the file... you will need to create a folder on your desktop.. name it anything you want as long as you remember the folder. there will be 11 files to download..

the first 10 are the split files and the 11th is the compiler that will merge them into the .ova file - a command prompt box will appear when you click the 11th file - (the compiler)... you can see it's progress as it compiles..

YOU MUST HAVE ALL 11 FILES FULLY DOWNLOADED BEFORE COMPILING! Download them in order.. the compiler will be the LAST file to download.

once the .ova file is complete the command prompt box will close and there you will have the 12th file in the folder.. the completed .ova file... delete all files but the 12th file.. the .ova file..

9 of the files are 619mb
1 file is 312mb
and the compiler is 1kb

after the merge, you will have the 5.75gb .ova file

This is my only solution for those that have slow or unsteady connections or failed downloading attempts for whatever reason.. i will upload and make a another download page for all this.. but i need to get some sleep first.. again, please be patient and just know i will post everything and all after i get some sleep.. i'm exhausted!

side note.. i will also have a page on the website for the RECOMMENDED version of virtualbox - the same link i gave you yesterday that i uploaded.. DO NOT UPGRADE WHENEVER IT ASKS AT STARTUP! You "MIGHT" be ok if you do.. We just recommend that you don't..
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Nishijima03
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by Nishijima03 »

Thank you very much!
Take all the time you need to rest, it's not urgent ^^

Thanks again everyone for the help you are giving me
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

you are welcome.. that's what we are here for.. to help one another
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

solutions:

https://dsgamemaker.jada.io/splitfiles.html - split files with compiler
https://dsgamemaker.jada.io/virtualbox.html - recommended & hosted version of virtualbox
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
the_engineer
Newly Registered
Newly Registered

Post by the_engineer »

Hi All,

Really great work, I am new to the scene with regards to developing for the NDS. As the others have mentioned, I too am having trouble getting the .ova to run on virtual machine. I tried the full file, as well as the split. My observations show there may be a problem with file 9 'https://dsgamemaker.jada.io/split/windowsxpfull.9 ', this file is only showing a size of 11.6mb rather than the stated 619mb. Is this just a typo or should it actually be 619mb in size.

Thanks
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

it should be what is stated..

i will look into it - possibly it didn't fully upload... again, i will look into this. thank you for bringing that to my attention.. i will look and fix that as soon as i can...

James has to fix my host/server filezilla key before i can look into this more.. sorry - give me some time i will try to sort this out soon.
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

UPDATE: Split file #9 has been fixed
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

Ruffsta wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:16 pm because of this, i am revamping the website virtualbox info/links on the website...

The blue download button on the Fan site's Virtual Box Page doesn't seem to be working, at least for my computers it isn't.

There doesn't seem to be a download link coded into the button's HTML as you can see in my attached screenshot.

Virtual Box Download Button Not Working.png
Virtual Box Download Button Not Working.png (163.71 KiB) Viewed 1647 times

In case anyone else is running into the same issue and needs the correct virtual box version, you can use the below link Ruffsta provided earlier, but I hope it can be added to the blue download button's code as well if it isn't already.

https://dsgamemaker.jada.io/installs/Vi ... 81-Win.exe - BUTTON ON THE WEBSITE NOW WORKS
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

Thank you for reporting that...

Issue fixed

You may have to refresh the page due to cache...
DS Games:

*strictly a 4.9 user