OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://dsgamemaker.online - ONLINE

WARNING! YOU WILL BE BANNED WITHOUT WARNING PERMENANTLY FOR SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH NON-DSGM RELATED TOPICS & POSTS! - FULLY ENFORCED!!!

NOTICE: ALL members that have NOT logged in once since their activation within 5 days have been and will be deleted!!! LAST UPDATED: 5-1-2022

NOTICE: I will NOT be sending anymore emails confirming your account being activated.. Try to log in and see if your account was activated yet..

ALL accounts MUST be Admin activated due to the server we are on! - More info in the announcements section

Please read announcements section of the forum upon logging in to stay up to date

Side note: Just a reminder, 4.9 and 5.12 are 2 totally different programs. You cannot use 1 app to load projects from the other.

DSGM Coding Documentation

Resources for your games
DigitalDesignDude
Appreciated Member
Appreciated Member

DSGM Coding Documentation

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

These are some essential DSGM Coding Documents that will help you go beyond just using the default action blocks in DSGM and actual write your own code!

I happen to have had these backed up before the original DSGM Forum went down so I hope they'll help whoever needs them or wants to learn.

If you have never coded before, you can still do a lot with action blocks alone, but at some point, you likely find they can take a while to scroll through and you may have difficulty re-ordering them later due to DSGM's somewhat restrictive interface .

In fact, writing code is essentially the same as using blocks, except you have to type them, and there can't be typos otherwise the game cannot run.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Multimedia Developer & Designer and Former DSGM 5.12 User

Created DS Games: BioDie, Fishing the Deep

Email notifications not currently supported on this forum.
Discord: DDesignDude#0055
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DSGM Coding Documentation

Post by Ruffsta »

Thank you for sharing that! i'll download these at some point and put them on the website eventually
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user
SWEET_TOOTH

Post by SWEET_TOOTH »

Could anyone share some coding examples? I would like to see code in action. For example, I declare a global variable in an object by code:

declare Public speed As integer = 0;

and when I try to acces that variable from same object, it gives error: GameWorks.h:57:37: error: 'speed' undeclared (first use in this function)

how do I call that variable using different events of the same object? I also tried:
[Me].speed
[Me]."speed"
"speed"
Ruffsta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ruffsta »

i'm strictly a 4.9 user.. so i know nothing about 5.12.. but i'm sure someone will answer your question soon... some people are on vacation so i can't say when.. but soon i hope
DS Games:
BananaCraze / MasterMind / Rock,Paper, Scissors

*strictly a 4.9 user